Why AI Membership?
As a member of the Advocacy Institute Community, your organization has access to our network of seasoned advocates, organizers and government insiders across the New York State — regions include New York City, the Hudson Valley, Long Island and Western New York. AI provides the data, trainings, and insider access to help our members shift campaign strategy, align their advocacy with legislative timelines, build more meaningful relationships with elected officials and their staff, and ultimately, win progressive campaigns at the state and local level.
AI Member Tools
This is your one-stop shop for all the various tools that AI membership offers. With it, you have access to an online community with its collection of campaign resources: legislative directory, interactive maps, data about state and local officials, tools for campaign tracking and instant support from the AI Team.
Data Concierge Services
Customized data sets to assist organizations in their process of identifying elected official targets, or government body targets as well as statewide strategy planning and tracking meetings and progress.
Strategic Campaign Support
Dedicated support to assess the status and strategy of campaigns and coaching to develop and reach 3, 6 and 12 month milestones. Team onboarding, and ongoing consulting on shifting strategies round out AI’s role as a trusted collaborator on campaign work for organizations with a range of experience.
Year-round introductory and follow-up sessions on political developments, campaign strategy and Legislative Directory training. Webinars and in-person trainings, sessions often include great speakers and a space for cross-issue relationship building.
Legislative Consulting Bench
Connection to government insiders and other professionals who might otherwise be inaccessible, difficult to connect with, or not on your organization’s radar. Access to invaluable strategic advice based off consulting bench’s lived experiences working with state and local legislatures and budgets, along with regionally-specific insights.
- Member Organization. An organization that applies and is accepted into the membership. The organization signs a contract with the Advocacy Institute and pays for a year’s worth of trainings and tools.
- Member. Any member or staff person associated with a member organization that the organization designates to be on our email list or to participate in programming.
- Organizational contact. Each member organization must designate an organizational contact. This person will be the main point of contact at your organization and should be able to respond to questions about your application, contract, and billing.
- LD Users. Each organization can designate up to five people who will have access to the LD with your membership. You are welcome to add more than five users for the additional fee of $100 / person for the year.
- Course Participants. Each organization accepted into our Regional Trainings designates two individuals leading their legislative advocacy work – including one senior staff person – to attend a series of full-day immersive training sessions.